Call for Student STEM Poster Abstracts
APPLICATION WINDOW IS CLOSED
Who should apply?
Are you an undergraduate or graduate student currently conducting STEM research? The LSMCE conference will showcase a competitive student poster session. Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP) faculty mentors are encouraged to invite their students to apply. The poster session will be held on Saturday, October 7, 2017, from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM in two, 1-hour sessions.
What do poster presenters get?
- Complimentary conference registration ($75 value)
- Complimentary lodging for two night at the Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing ($350 value)
- Up to a $250 Travel Award (award is a reimbursement and will include travel expenses up to $250; LSAMP students should talk with their LSAMP coordinator or director for supplemental funding)
- Professional Development Skill Building (priceless)
- Opportunity to network with thought-leaders in Industry and higher education (priceless)
What is the timeline?
- NOW - AUGUST -- Talk with your faculty mentor. Come up with a research question and start working on your abstract. Abstract Formatting Guidelines
- BY Monday, AUGUST 28 - Submit your poster abstract via the form below.
- SEPTEMBER 9 - You will receive an email stating if your abstract has been accepted for presentation. If accepted, immediately book your travel. Then start creating a fantastic poster! LSMCE Poster Guidelines 2017
- OCTOBER 7 - Arrive at the conference venue by 8:30 AM on Saturday, October 7, to ensure you have time to set up your poster. First poster session starts at 9:30AM!
Early submission is encouraged. ABSTRACTS DUE AUGUST 28, 2017, at 11:59PM EDT.