Volunteer to Be an On-site Research Poster Judge!
Judges receive complimentary conference registration!
We are in need of approximately 50 judges to review and score more than 150 posters during the 2017 poster session. By volunteering to be a judge at the 2017 LSMCE Annual Conference student poster session, you will have the opportunity to share your expertise with the STEM community and provide valuable feedback to the student presenters.
- There will be two, 1-hour poster sessions (120 minutes total). This format will decrease congestion in the poster presentation area, as well as, allow the students to view other's posters.
- Students are asked to provide a 2-5 minute overview of their research and then answer questions from the judge.
- Each poster is judged three times for calibration.
Judges are asked to:
- Be on-site Saturday, October 7, 2017, at the Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing 9a EDT. The poster session begins at 9:30a and will end at 11:30a EDT.
- At 9:45a, judges will meet in the Plaza Hallway for 15 minutes prior to the session to receive instructions and have an opportunity to ask questions.
- Score undergraduate and graduate student research poster presentations using common criteria and indicators of success provided by the conference committee. Judging Rubric
- As a judge, you may receive approximately eight posters to judge within a 120 minute period.
- Judges are expected to spend no more than 10 minutes per poster to allow for poster scoring and comments.
In appreciation of your contribution, judges will receive complimentary conference registration, a letter for your CV, and acknowledgment in the conference program.